Wednesday 20 January 2016

Been a while- some of my favourite things :)

Hi all, it's been a while, been struggling to think of what to post so I just decided to grab a few of my favourite things and write a bit about why I love them so much and why I will buy them again and again!

First off; Herbal Essences 'Beautiful Ends' shampoo and conditioner.
Before this scent came out (meant to smell like pomegranate) I loved the 'Hello Hydration'- my only issue with this scent was that it's quite coconutty and I'm not all that in to coconut. So when a moisturising set came out that smelt fruity (which I'm REALLY into) I jumped at the chance to try it. And it's so so so so so good, the smell is amazing, the shampoo gives a really good lather, the conditioner is very moisturising but doesn't weigh my hair down. Within a fortnight of using these- I found my hair to be shinier, bouncier and obviously smelling amazing. Both the shampoo and conditioner (400ml) are very reasonably priced- at full price around £3.99- but I find them to be on offer very often in Boots and Superdrug. The packaging is okay- it's not beautiful or really super exciting- but it's nicer than the old Herbal Essences bottles. (I think so at least). The intense mask is really nice as well, sells at about £4.61 for 200ml, about 4/5 uses- depending on how thick/long your hair is. Which, for me, is pretty good considering I'll only put on a deep conditioning mask maybe twice a month. Overall I think this set is affordable, easy to find, smells good and actually does what it says on the bottle!

Another hair product- the Tresemme Youth Boost styling lotion.
I bought this just at the start of the month, I'm quite a fan of Tresemme- it's good to have a big bottle of their shampoo/conditioner around just in case you run out- but I hadn't tried any of the Youth Boost line until I tried this. Purchased in Superdrug for 52pence (it was on clearance- RRP is £7.29)- it was a mega find and also mega bargain- especially after Christmas. The lotion itself is white, doesn't really have a scent as such and doesn't weigh my hair down at all. It gives my hair body, a gorgeous shine and seems to help it hold it's natural curls (without being a frizzy mess). I'm not usually one for clarting my hair in products before I dry and style it- but since I bought this there hasn't been a day I've not put it in. The packaging is very Tresemme- and although I'm not a fan of purple- there isn't so much on this that puts me off. The pump that dispenses the lotion itself is great, gives you about a pea-sized amount with each pump (I use about 6 a day) and because the lotion is so light- it spreads evenly throughout my hair without too much effort. A product I will definitely be purchasing again!

Moving on to something more Make-up related, and it's also something that is widely loved and praised in the Make-up world- MAC Prep and Prime Fix+.
This is something I don't feel is essential to my collection- however I do really love it. It gives a lovely natural finish to any amount of make-up you have on. It smells lovely, the pump mechanism works really well and so means you never end up with too much of the liquid in one place and the packaging is super professional and easy to clean. If I'm going out somewhere special- I always set my face with this, in my day-to-day going to work and pottering about the house I don't bother as it retails at £17 a bottle (100ml) and that's just not something I have the means to be shelling out just because I enjoy this product and what it does to my face. I'd love to find a dupe for this- something that I could buy in Boots, Superdrug or even Debenhams but I'm not feeling as if that's likely. That all being said- this truly is a wonder-product and should be in everyone's make-up kit, even just for special occasions.

And lastly- a perfume. Juicy Couture- Couture Couture.
I'm just going to get this out of the way- I really really dislike the bottle this comes in- I'm just not in to gold and the crest on the lid is all kinds of over the top- however, the actual perfume itself is absolutely beautiful. I had previously had the Viva La Juicy- which I also loved- but not as much as this. It smells like grape sweeties or something, it smells so so so so so good. This was actually a present at Christmas from my Mum and Dad- and honestly, it's become my new favourite perfume. Since- (when shopping) I've had a smell of other Juicy Couture perfumes and I think it's safe to say it might be my favourite line for perfume. I'm not really into liking designer things because they are designer- if this was a cheapy £5 bottle from the back of a pharmacy I'd love it all the same- it just smells so sweet and good. The RRP (for a 50ml bottle which I have) is £48.02- which considering I don't go overboard and use only 4 sprays (I only need 4 sprays, it's quite intense and lasts the day)- is really good. And again- I don't use perfume everyday- I kind of just use it when I feel like it? Not sure anyone is going to know what I mean but I know what I mean! Definitely going to need to purchase (or hint at the other half) some of this later on in the year when I do (eventually and sadly) run out.

And that's it- this might not have been the best post but my next post should be a lot lot better- planning on reviewing all the Zoeva brushes, and yes- individually. So until then, ciao!




No comments:

Post a Comment